Successful Installation Technicians have strong communication skills & can work well with others. ACER Technicians show a “whatever it takes” work ethic and dedication to completing assignments, and a willingness in some instances to take on tasks other than construction related activities.
Installation Technicians perform tasks related to telecommunications cable placement and construction as directed by the Foreman/Supervisor. Examples of tasks may include but are not limited to loading, driving, delivery, digging, and the removal and/or placement of various sizes and weights of construction materials and equipment. Candidates must be capable of working in all temperatures, climates, and weather conditions, and be able to pass background and drug screen.
Location: Daytona Beach, FL
- Operate construction equipment / utilize standard telecommunications tools.
- Operate hydraulic aerial lifts and ladders mounted to trucks.
- Prepare and assemble various line apparatus required for work being performed.
- Dig using shovels and other mechanical tools.
- Assist in the installation and maintenance of underground telecommunications cabling.
- Climb into and out of equipment (trucks, cars, backhoes, trenchers, etc.).
- Working in congested or remote areas.
- Maintain visual and audible contact with other crewman and all moving or stationary persons/vehicles/objects to ensure safe coordination of movement.
- Flagging property or worksite restoration.
- Maintain safe working habits/conditions according to all regulations, company procedures, and company policies.
- Assist with loading of various materials onto trucks and/or trailers.
- Operate vehicle, following all safety and traffic regulations.
- Operate chain hoists.
- Use equipment to install ground rods and anchors.
- Maintain proper inventory on vehicle based on work assignment.
- Keep work areas clean and organized. Keep detailed record of work activity.
- Safely use hand tools and equipment such as; wrenches, drills, ladders, lanyards, saws, lashers, climbing hooks, and more.
- Safely operate mechanized equipment such as; bucket trucks, heavy equipment, machinery, and more.
- Set up a safety perimeter using signage, cones, and/or safety barriers.
- Work safely aloft using climbing hooks and ladders.
- Perform general construction work under direction of Lead/Management.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
- Possess a valid driver’s license or be eligible and willing to obtain the required license for the position, and a good driving record.
- Understanding of separation and clearance regulations.
- Ability to work in an outdoor environment during all times of the year.
- Ability to work varied schedule (on call, evening and weekends as needed).
- Ability to read and understand maps, drawings and diagrams for project build process.
- Ability to climb poles, ladders and use bucket trucks as needed.
- Must be able to work at heights of 20+’ feet.
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge of established aerial cable installation procedures and techniques.
- Ability to set up & maintain safe work areas.
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions.
- Must complete and pass assigned training as directed.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, employees, etc.
- Regular and timely attendance is an essential function of this position.
- 2 Years prior experience working in an outside plant/construction environment.
- 2 Years previous construction experience, preferably in the telecommunications industry.
- Ability to read prints and interpret utility maps to identify the type and size of underground utilities.
- Must be able to perform the above at least 8 hours per day 5 days per week. May be required to work over-time; after hours; on weekend, for emergencies or on-call.
- Duties outlined in this position will require the employee to stand, crouch, sit, use hands and fingers to handle or feel, as well as reaching, crawling, crouching, lifting, holding, or stooping while on shift.
- Employees in this job classification may be exposed to dust, fumes, or other airborne pathogens.
- Ability to work while wearing safety boots, safety glasses, safety vest and hardhat.
- Ability to work in adverse weather such as wind, rain, and dust, as well as adverse driving conditions including wet roads and fog.
- Able to lift/carry 50 lbs. regularly and up to 100 lbs. as needed with or without assistance.
- Follow all safety rules at all times.
- Shall not engage in unsafe acts.
- Expected to attend and participate in all safety meetings and training.
- Use all prescribed safety equipment that is required to safety to do the job at hand.
- Shall report unsafe acts or conditions to his immediate Supervisor or Safety Supervisor.
- Shall report any and all injuries, accidents, and/or incidents immediate Supervisor.
- Shall be a safe worker on and off the job.